Pages

Saturday 21 February 2009

The Brooch Vibe

What do you do when you want a brooch to set off an otherwise boring top, but can't find any that suit it?

Make your own of course!


That's when I decided to get out the felt and needle and came up with this little design. And now I'm sporting a trendy outfit. Hurrah! I'm thinking of making these little brooches a line for the gallery as it's always nice to have something extra to vamp up a top, scarf or even hat (I tried mine on a wee black bonnet I've got and it looks sooooo cute!). Angela Harvey has the same idea and has developed 'Wild Women' brooches from hand-felted Orkney Wool.

This is one of my favourites. I like to think of her as a cheeky little Tinkerbell type character, perching on you and getting up to all kinds of mischief. Who said art wasn't fun, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment